Care & Maintenance
Everase is Your Source for Everything Dry Erase, including the care and maintenance of your Dry Erase Solutions! The Everase writing surface is built to last and includes a full warranty guaranteeing its erasability properties. Before your first use, be sure to wipe down your writing surface with a damp towel to remove any dirt or soap residue. Be sure to follow these easy care and maintenance instructions to ensure your writing surface looks fresh and new for years to come!
How to Clean a Whiteboard:
- Use Everase Micro-Fiber Eraser Cloths or another reputable brand for normal erasing. For more stubborn marks or low gloss wet erase, use EverClean® Whiteboard Cleaner or another reputable brand, to wipe down your writing surface.
- While erasing your writing surface press firmly using a circular motion.
- Clean your cloths on a regular basis. A dirty cloth will leave ink residue on your writing surface. (Everase® Micro-Fiber Eraser Cloths are machine washable with regular detergent. No bleach.)
- Keep your marker tray clean so no dirt or debris sticks to your cloth when erasing which will scratch your writing surface.
- To keep your board looking brand new, periodically wash the entire board with soapy water, wipe o with a damp towel removing all soapy residue and then dry with a soft cloth.
- Do not use chalkboard or felt erasers on your writing surface, they will not erase properly and will eventually build up residue which will scratch your writing surface.
How To Maintain your Everase Dry Erase Writing Surface:
- Use dry erase markers for any written text that you desire to be temporary and which can be wiped off easily with a dry, soft cloth or felt eraser.
- Use permanent markers for any writing or graph lines which you desire to be longer lasting. These are not truly permanent on an Everase surface! Permanent marker can be removed with a solvent based cleaner.
- Press firmly when erasing, using a circular motion.
- To clean (on an as-needed basis), rinse the entire writing surface with soapy water and then dry with a soft cloth.
- To remove any permanent marker ink, use a solvent such as acetone, diluted rubbing alcohol or our own Eco-friendly Whiteboard cleaner formulated specifically for dry erase surfaces. You can also trace over any areas of permanent marker ink with a dry erase marker and dry erase as usual.
- Use Low Odor Dry Erase markers from Everase, or any other reputable brand.
- It is best to store markers horizontally so that the felt tips do not dry out. Do not use pens or markers with dried out tips, since they could potentially dent your writing surface.
- Everase is scratch resistant but NOT scratch proof. Therefore, do not use sharp pointed instruments such as ballpoint pens, pointers, metal magnets, rings/jewelry, knives, scrapers, etc. or abrasive cleaners on the Everase surface.
- Any hard object such as metallic magnets, diamond rings, knives, scrapers, pointers, etc could potentially gouge and damage the writing surface; please be careful when writing and cleaning your board surface.
- Do not drag magnets across your writing surface.
- Do not use felt erasers, scouring pads, or any harsh cleaners on your writing surface.
- Do not use any abrasive material or finger nails to remove tape or stickers. (Use an adhesive remover such as Goo Gone®.)
Failure to follow these recommended care and maintenance instructions may void your Limited Warranty.
Click Here for a printable version